Parsnip, Apple and Chocolate Cake recipe.
Perfect for the Summer, with their light texture, these Parsnip, Apple and Chocolate cakes will delight & impress.
Whether that's a summer picnic, cake bake stall, summer fayre or garden party, this recipe uses Callebaut milk chocolate (823 recipe) and Callebaut dark chocolate - 54% cocoa content (811 recipe), plus delicious chocolate pencil decorations for a professional finish.
The recipe is in two parts - the cake and the milk chocolate mousse.
For the cake, you'll need:
- Grate the parsnips and apples and stir through the vegetable oil and dark brown sugar.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together then fold into the mix.
- Fold through the grated fresh ginger root and dark chocolate callets (chips).
- Spoon the cake mixture into cupcake cases and bake in a pre-heated oven 180C/350F/Gas 4 for 10-15 minutes.
For the milk chocolate mousse, you'll need:
- Bring the whipping cream to the boil.
- Cool to 80 degrees C and then pour over the milk chocolate chips.
- Mix well to form a smooth ganache.
Once the cakes have cooled completely, using a star nozzle, pipe a swirl of chocolate mousse on top of the cakes and decorate with a dark chocolate pencil.
Embellish with flavoured chocolate curls (blossoms) e.g orange or caramel, and dust with icing sugar.
If you enjoyed following this chocolate recipe, why not take a look at our other indulgent chocolate make & bake recipes?
*Recipe provided by Callebaut.
Take a look at our Callebaut range of chocolate couvertures and decorations. Order before 4pm (Mon to Fri) for same day dispatch. Next day delivery options available.