Mexican Hot Chocolate
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 4)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
6 whole cloves
4 3-inch cinnamon sticks
2 cups milk
1/2 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
1 cup whipping cream, divided in two
1. Pour milk into a saucepan, add vanilla bean and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
2. Mix cocoa, sugar, water, cloves and cinnamon sticks in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly and cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
3. Heat milk over med-high heat until bubbles form around the edge of the pan. Remove vanilla bean.
4. Gradually whisk milk and 1/2 cup cream into cocoa mixture. Cook until hot but do not boil.
5. Strain the mixture into a bowl. Remove the cinnamon sticks and pat them dry.
6. In a chilled bowl, whip the remaining cream to soft peaks.
7. Whisk the chocolate until frothy.
Pour into 4 mugs. Spoon some of the whipped cream on top and lay a cinnamon stick on top of each.
Bundle bar offers!
Save up to 20% off the best chocolate bars in the world.
'One of the slickest & most taste-tantalising websites I have stepped into - strongly recommended
'The best chocolate in the world' As featured in
Specific date delivery
Order now and choose a future delivery date to suit you.
From just £5.95
Standard p&p from just £3.95
Don't miss out..
Get special offers, news & discounts by email.
Buy cooking chocolate ingredients & decorations
Delivery from just £3.95
Easter Eggs & Gifts
Buy luxury chocolate Easter eggs & Easter novelty gifts