Chuao Chocolate Cake
RECIPE INGREDIENTS (Serves 10):
- 9 oz. (255g) Amedei Chuao, single origin chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cointreau (May also use Grand Marnier or brandy)
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon unbleached, all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
optional: whipped cream to serve with the cake
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Line the base with a circle of parchment paper that has also been well greased. Wrap the bottom and sides of the pan with aluminum foil to prevent water from seeping into the pan.
- In a saucepan, melt the Chuao chocolate, butter and sugar over low heat. Stir frequently until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly - about 5 minutes. Stir in the Cointreau.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs together for about 1 minute.
- Beat in the flour until incorporated, then slowly add the chuao chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Place the pan in a roasting pan and add enough boiling water to come 1/4-inch up the side of the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges of the cake are set but the center is still soft.
- Remove the foil and place the pan on a rack to cool. The center will sink and don't worry if the top cracks a bit.
- While the cake is cooling, cut 6-8 strips of parchment paper about 1-inch wide.
- Release the pan and invert the cake onto the wire rack. Carefully peel off the parchment paper. Allow the cake to finish cooling.
- When the cake is completely cool, lay the parchment strips randomly over the cake and dust with the confectioners' sugar.
Cut into 10 slices and serve accompanied by a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
Chocolate Recipe by Amedei
Buy Amedei chocolates
Bundle bar offers!
Save up to 20% off the best chocolate bars in the world.
'One of the slickest & most taste-tantalising websites I have stepped into - strongly recommended
'The best chocolate in the world' As featured in
Specific date delivery
Order now and choose a future delivery date to suit you.
From just £5.95
Standard p&p from just £3.95
Don't miss out..
Get special offers, news & discounts by email.
Buy cooking chocolate ingredients & decorations
Delivery from just £3.95