RECIPE INGREDIENTS (Serves 6-8)
White Chocolate & Cherry Delice with Lime Syrup.
700g white chocolate
6 egg yolks
200g stock syrup
1 litre of semi-whipped double cream
100g egg yolks
30g chopped pistachio nuts
30g chopped walnuts
30g chopped hazelnuts
30g chopped almonds
20g chopped pink ginger
Beat together the egg yolks and the stock syrup until it goes pale in colour
1. Melt the chocolate.
2. Semi-whip the cream.
3. Add the chocolate to the egg yolk/stock syrup a little at a time.
4. Gently fold in the cream. Chill
5. Macaroon: beat together the sugar and the eggs.
6. Add the flour which has been sieved
7. Add melted butter and fold in the rest of the ingredients
8. Spread on to a greased tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown, but soft to the touch.
9. Once its reach that stage gently cut long 3cm wide stripes, leave to go cold.
10. In a terrine mould or a bread tin, line it with Clingfilm.
11. Place a stripe of the macaroon biscuit on the bottom.
12. Cover with the white chocolate mousse and studded it with the cherries.
13. Repeat this process twice more and finish off with the macaroon biscuit on top. Put straight into the freezer. 6 hours
14. Once frozen, with a hot knife cut slices form it and serve with lime segments and chocolate sorbet.
Sharpham Park Restaurant
Charlton House Hotel
Chocolate Traveller Notes
I recommend using Amedei Toscano white couverture, Valrhona's Le Blanc white chocolate or our white chocolate chips for an economical alternative.